Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Life as an E-Learning Person... Day 1

Dear Zebulon Readers...

If you're wondering, Zebulon comes from this little strange town in North Carolina that my friend and I accidentally drove through on our way to another friend's house. Just like the name... it was a weird town and we thought it sounded kinda sci-fi. Being the sci-fi nerds that we are, we decided to name our band Zebulon.

E-Learning has a bit of a sci-fi twang to it so... Zebulon it is.


zebulon.gif

(btw, i'm not an english teacher so i'm allowed to make grammar mistakes all over the place)

Well... I'm not sure who's going to be reading this but, I'm happy to be blogging about anything that can help introduce e-learning into your classroom. It is also my pleasure to be working with you all and learning from you as well to make e-learning fun, engaging, and educational for not only the students, but for yourself and selfishly, myself too. It's a great position that I am in to be given 3 slots a week to work with teachers and help to produce engaging lessons.

Someone had a great question today...

This "someone" asked, so what is e-learning anyways? I didn't quite know exactly what it was because in encompasses so much. Just did a quick google search and it seems like google's not quite sure either?

This is what the most reliable, valid, and accurate site in the world says...

The term e-learning is ambiguous to those outside the e-learning industry, and even within its diverse disciplines it has different meanings to different people.


- wikipedia 

I think e-learning is the use of technology to help deliver content and facilitate learning. Also, just because you are using computers to deliver the content, it doesn't make it engaging. That part is up to us , I guess, to set up the technology so that it is engaging.

Today I learned about a website from Manvan called "Glogster" (btw... I will use code names for everyone just to protect the innocent)

www.edu.glogster.com

I'm still undecided about this site but... this site allows you to create posters that students can share and comment on using pretty simple commands. The commands are very intuitive so that students from year 7 to us can navigate through and be comfortable with in one to two lesson. Used it in a Religion 10 class today and it was great but... the slow internet speeds made it a little challenging to register.

Check it out...

Anyways...

That's it for now unless you want to read more... If you want to read more, go to Day 1 part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment