Sunday, July 17, 2011

Module 9

I really like the idea of utilizing social networking sites for educational purposes. Scootle seems like a great web 2.0 site but I had a bit of difficulty with the login. I currently use edmodo as a teaching tool. Edmodo is an educational social networking website that allows teachers and students to discuss. Teachers can assign homework using edmodo, students can submit work, teachers can poll students in their class, and students can make comments on classwork that other students in the class can see and also comment on. So far, it has worked very well with one of my classes.


The good part of edmodo that sets itself apart from sites like facebook is that the teacher is in control of the class and can, at anytime delete anything they deem inappropriate. They can also manage online classrooms and change a student's ability to contribute to a "read-only" status.

I find edmodo effective for some classes but not all my classes.

Other social networking sites I'm using are facebook, linkedIn, and twitter. I don't really use them for educational purposes but, they're good for keeping in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment